Brisbane City Council has announced that construction works to build a new rest area within the Keperra Bushland Reserve will commence in late January 2020.
The upgrade project will enhance the recreation opportunities at the150-hectare Keperra Bushland Reserve located at Levitt Road, Keperra. Specifically, the project will involve extending the asphalt surface on the current track to the rest area and installing a rest area within the outlook.
Construction will take place between 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Saturday and is expected to take two weeks to complete.
Keperra Bushland Reserve upgrade is one of the 11 sites around Brisbane that were identified for park improvements as part of Brisbane City Council’s commitment to enhancing and maintaining the more than 2,100 parks across the city.
Other sites identified for future park and reserve enhancement projects include:
- Colmslie Beach Reserve – An upgrade opportunities plan has already been developed which includes passive recreation opportunities at the beach, installation of sculptures to extend play opportunities, and additional picnic shelters and seating, among others.
- Chalk Street Park, Lutwyche – Chalk Street Park is a future park to be located on Wellington Street. Concept plan has been finalised which include new picnic shelters and an accessible drinking fountain; new playground equipment; fitness equipment; bike repair station; and off-street parking on Marita Street.
- Eildon Hill Reservoir, Windsor – Proposed improvements under the draft concept plan include providing a viewing platform and upgrading of the walking tracks.
- Mount Gravatt Outlook Reserve – Construction works to upgrade Acacia Track and Federation Track will commence in mid-January 2020.
- Grinstead Park/Shand Street Park (no. 100)/Shand Street Park (no. 131) – Project involves upgrading three parks covering a total area of approximately 20 hectares. Recently announced opportunities plan include proposed pedestrian access with new concrete pathway and shade trees; enhancement of Corbett Street playground with picnic shelter, barbecue and drinking fountain; and upgrade of the existing scout gathering area with new seating and under surfacing.
- Stephens Mountain Reserve, Greenslopes – Proposed improvements under the draft concept plan include construction of informal walking and multi-use tracks, improvements to the entry and exit points, as well as a lookout and rest area.
- Wembley Park, Coorparoo – Council is currently reviewing ways to enhance and diversify recreation opportunities in the park.
- Wishart Community Park, Wishart – An opportunities plan has already been developed which proposes upgrade works including new netball hard courts; new play area and path; formalised car park area; and a new scooter loop at the existing play area.