Just in time for the school holidays, the Ferny Grove Aqua Park has opened for the public to enjoy and cool down this summer.
The Ferny Grove Aqua Park is North-West’s first free and fully accessible aquatic playground. The new $1.5million aqua park, located at Keperra Picnic Grounds, corner of Upper Kedron Road and Samford Road, boasts several features that people of all ages and abilities will enjoy like the tipping buckets, water cannons, stream jets, water table, and level splash pad. Families can get the most of their day-out with picnic facilities and electric barbecues available at the aqua park as well.
Video Credit: Brisbane City Council / Facebook
Aqua park features:
- a level splash pad area which provides access for all
- elevated water play elements including discharge bucket, small tipping buckets, spray tunnel, water cannons, and overhead spray feature
- arch sprays, stream jets, bubblers, misting ground sprayers, and themed sprayers
- an interactive water table that provides wheelchair access as well as toddler play
- picnic facilities with electric BBQ
- accessible pathways to provide access from car park to water play, picnic facilities and amenities building.
There are currently 22 Council pools across the city that has drawn close to 1.6 million visitors last summer season alone. The Ferny Grove Aqua Park is part of the $23 million investment of the Council to deliver upgrades at aquatic centres across Brisbane such as Langlands Pool, set to open mid next year, and Musgrave Park to commence in 2019.
Whilst you are out in the sun, there are other places to have fun before or after your visit to the Ferny Grove Aqua Park such as:
- Brisbane Tramway Museum | 50 Tramway St, Ferny Grove
- Ferny Grove Tavern | 1348 Samford Rd, Ferny Grove
- Ferny Grove Skate Park | 1212A Samford Rd, Ferny Grove
- Ferny Hills Swimming Pool | 71 Ferny Way in Ferny Hills
The Ferny Grove Aqua Park is open daily, Monday to Sunday, from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.